We fly at the Mammoth Park, Mammoth, PA
Our beautiful grass flying field offers
- Setup area with work tables
- Shaded pilot bench seating
- Shaded transmitter impound rack
- Picnic area with pavilion.
Timings and General Rules
- The field is open for flying from 10:00 AM to dusk.
- To fly at our field you must have a current AMA membership. You must also practice safety as described in the AMA Safety Code and observe club rules.
- From the Northwest: Exit Rt. 30 at the Greensburg/Mt. Pleasant exit and follow the sign toward Mt. Pleasant at the end of the exit ramp (from the west you will be turning right, from the east you will turn left). Continue past the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg and the Westmoreland County Fairgrounds. In the town of United, turn left. At the Mammoth Park sign travel approximately one mile to a stop sign and turn right onto 981 South. Make an immediate left at the Mammoth Park sign. Proceed 1 ( one ) mile to Klaka Rd and turn left for 3/10s mile, turn right onto drive into field parking area.
- From the North: Off of Rt. 30 turn at the traffic light onto Rt. 981 South. At the four way stop turn right towards the airport. Continue straight and make a left onto Rt. 130 East. Travel 1.2 miles to the next stop sign and turn right. Continue straight for 2.2 miles and turn right onto Blacksmith Rd. The park entrance is a half-mile down the road on the left.
- From the South: Follow Route 31 to Rt. 982 North. Follow the signs to the park.
- Use the map below, which you will take you straight to the parking lot!
More Photos of Our Field: